Here’s a delicious recipe for you! I found Gluten-Free Homemaker’s Italian Sausage & Pasta and thought it was a great idea, especially since broccoli is about the only vegetable the little munchkin will eat right now. So I took the recipe and reworked it a bit to our family’s taste! Of course her picture looks much better…my photography skills are still somewhat lacking! But it is sure good!
For one thing, I changed up the Italian Sausage. I make my own using this recipe and absolutely love it, plus it is so much less expensive. I usually buy half turkey and half pork (when they are on major sale, of course!), mix up a huge batch, and freeze. And I do not mess with stuffing it in casings. I much prefer to just brown it on the stove top.
- 12 ounces gluten-free pasta (we used leftover corn pasta that I bought in bulk a while back; it’s not our favorite, but it worked well!)
- 1 pound fresh broccoli (you could probably use frozen as well)
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano (or to taste)
- Salt to taste
1) Cook and drain pasta, cook sausage in a skillet, and cut up and steam the broccoli.
2) Mix all together and toss with olive oil, oregano, and salt.
This was such an easy and inexpensive meal. Hope you enjoy it as much as we all did!
Affiliate Disclosure Print This Post Email This Post