Here’s a great recipe for a Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar! I found this recipe a while ago (it’s been around various blogs so I’m sorry if I don’t give correct credit to the FIRST person to come up with this recipe)! Anyway, I found it to be so interesting because it uses chickpeas. Now, I am not a chickpea person. I detest both the taste and the smell. But this one intrigued me so much that I just had to try it.
Plus, I was anxious to see how my Blendtec would perform with a thicker batter. This recipe called for hardly any liquid. So I gave it a shot!
1) Blend the following ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor (I used the “batter” setting on my Blendtec):
- 1 can (or approximately 1-1/2 cups) Chickpeas or White Beans (make sure to drain and rinse very well)
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Oats
- 3 tablespoons Applesauce (I used sweetened)
- 2 tablespoons Oil of your choice
- 1 teaspoon Gluten-Free Vanilla
- 3/4 cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
2) Once the batter is well-blended, pour into a separate mixing bowl and mix in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips. Pour into a buttered round pan. Bake at 350 for approximately 25 minutes. You can serve this warm (although it’s a bit mushy) or let it sit in the refrigerator. We found that it is delicious cold as well.
This is a wonderful recipe, and no one would ever guess that there are legumes of any kind in it! And the Blendtec performed excellently.
As with all recipes, make sure your ingredients are gluten-free and meet your family’s dietary needs!
Affiliate Disclosure Print This Post Email This Post