For Cooking With Kayla this week, we were hungry for fudge and decided to experiment with this recipe by Beyond the Peel. I didn’t have enough almond butter to do justice to her original recipe so I subbed half peanut butter. Here’s what we did:
1) Combine all of the following in a high power blender. I used the Twister Jar from my Blendtec.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond butter (you could also try sunbutter if you have a nut allergy)
- 1/4 cup raw honey (alfalfa honey is my favorite!)
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
2) Pour into a pan and either refrigerate or freeze. You’ll want to store in the refrigerator or freezer as well, because it will melt at room temperature.
Give it a few hours to firm up, then enjoy! We certainly did.
One change I would make is that I used too large of a pan, so it got way too thin (as you can see from the picture). I would use a smaller pan next time, or double the recipe.
Affiliate Disclosure Print This Post Email This Post