Welcome back to Cooking With Kayla! Last evening Kayla and I tackled Money Saving Mom’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. She has posted about them often as being such a favorite, so I decided that I had to create a gluten-free version. I’ve had a lot of muffins in my life, but this one I have to say takes the prize! It worked wonderfully with my Gluten-Free Flour Mix substituted cup-for-cup for the flour, and truthfully I didn’t change much else. I did lessen the sugar a bit and added in some Stevia powder, but otherwise I kept the original recipe the same, and it turned out delicious!
This recipe is also dairy-free, if you use dairy-free chocolate chips.
I will also add that Kayla did these pretty much all by herself. I was ready to step in when needed, but I really wasn’t needed. So these are her creation!
Here’s our gluten-free recipe:
1) In a large mixing bowl, beat together the following until well blended:
- 4 Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups Sugar (I used raw sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon Stevioside powder
- 1-1/2 cups Canola Oil
- 1 can Pureed Pumpkin (16 ounce)
2) Add in the dry ingredients and mix well:
- 3 cups Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
Don’t you just love the concentration on her face?
3) Fold in 2 cups chocolate chips (yes I DO know that reducing the sugar was pointless if I was going to use the 2 full cups of chocolate chips – but we have no regrets!)
4) Fill 24 greased muffin cups.
5) Bake at 400 for 16-20 minutes.
6) Enjoy! And trust me, you will.
Affiliate Disclosure Print This Post Email This Post