I told you a Blendtec giveaway was coming, and HERE IT IS! But first off, I want to share with you my latest recipe using this baby!
I got some Wholly Salsa the other day because I was craving tomato salsa, and I was soooo disappointed to realize they had changed the formulation! Their mild salsa used to be my favorite, but now it seems they only have one tomato salsa option, and it is more on the medium side, just a bit too spicy for me! So I dug through my recipe file and down a recipe my sister-in-law gave me a while ago, and tweaked it a bit to make some avocado dip! I had found avocados at my grocery outlet for $0.13 each (yes you DID read that correctly, they were 8/$1!!!!) and of course I had to grab 2, even though I had currently had no plans for them, so I had them in my refrigerator drawer, just waiting to be used!
I also had half a container of sour cream that was on its last legs, and this salsa that I suddenly wasn’t as much a fan of as I thought I would be. Here’s what my recipe looked like:
1) Combine the following in the Blendtec:
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitting, and cut into chunks
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2) Blend! I used about a medium setting for about 10 seconds. We are not big “chunk” fans in this household, especially when it comes to anything fruit or vegetable-ish. By “we” I mean the hubby. And I thought maybe it would be more likely to be enjoyed by all if it was nice and smooth! He’s still not a huge fan, but the kiddos and I LOOOOVE it!
3) Enjoy with chips, crackers, or whatever. The flavor is wonderful!
As with all recipes, make sure your ingredients are gluten-free and meet your family’s dietary needs!
Now for the giveaway! Blendtec is giving away, to one lucky reader, a NEW Blendtec Designer Series Wildside! Yes, I’m serious! Here are the instructions if you want to enter:
2) Go to Blendtec.com’s Recipe Page and pick a recipe you would try, if you had a Blendtec of your own! Then come back and leave a comment on THIS POST telling me what it is!
3) Fill out the form below (First Name and Last Initial, plus valid email address to contact the winner). Please make sure to read the Disclosure and Rules of Entry below BEFORE entering.
Disclosure/Rules of Entry: Blendtec sent me a Blendtec Designer Series Wildside free of charge in order to give an accurate review of their product. All opinions in this post are mine and those of my family. You can read my full Disclosure Policy here. The giveaway will end on Wednesday, 10/17/12 at 9 p.m. EDT. Valid for U.S. addresses only. One entry per household. Duplicate entries will be deleted. Must be 18 or older to enter. Winner will be chosen via Randomizer.org and contacted via email provided. If winner does not respond to email within 48 hours, an alternate winner will be chosen. Please add glutenfreelyfrugal@gmaildotcom to your address book to avoid your award email being sent to your spam folder. Void where prohibited.
Affiliate Disclosure Print This Post Email This Post