This week for Cooking With Kayla, we made a Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar together. I had actually intended to just whip it up myself and have the girls play together, but as soon as Kayla saw me getting things out in the kitchen, she wanted to do it. So I let her, and just supervised!
This is a recipe we have done before (and actually posted about before) but it wasn’t on my Recipe Page and I really had to search, so I figured if I had to search for it, everyone else probably did too. So we’re redoing it, and I made a few changes!
I found this recipe a while ago (it’s been around various blogs so I’m sorry that I’m not sure who to give the credit to)! The only recipe I can find is mine. Anyway, I found it to be so interesting because it uses chickpeas.
Here are the ingredients:
- 2 cans (or approximately 3 cups) Chickpeas or White Beans (make sure to drain and rinse very well, as this minimizes the bean taste)
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Oats
- 1/3 cup Applesauce (I used sweetened, and I used a little bit more)
- 4 tablespoons Oil of your choice
- 2 teaspoons Gluten-Free Vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1-2 cups Chocolate Chips
1) Blend all ingredients except the chocolate chips together in a blender. It probably needs to be a pretty sturdy one. I used my Blendtec. Once the batter is well-blended, pour into a separate mixing bowl and mix in the chocolate chips.
2) Pour into 2 buttered round glass pans (mine were about 8-9 inches across).
3) Bake at 350 for approximately 25 minutes. You can serve this warm (although it’s a bit mushy) or let it sit in the refrigerator. We found that it is even better cold. It tastes like refrigerated cookie dough!
This is our finished product!
As with all recipes, make sure your ingredients are gluten-free and meet your family’s dietary needs!
Affiliate Disclosure Print This Post Email This Post